Swimoutlet.com

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home Meet Wrap Up

Well, I survived the home swim meet!! I stuck it out, and swam every event I entered. I also overcame a HUGE obstacle. I did my 50 Breaststroke off the block!! I've had a big mental thing with the blocks, since I've never really learned to use them. Coaches Erica and Katie gave me a crash course last Wednesday and Thursday night. I felt comfortable enough, after that, to use it on Saturday. I can't wait to get up there and go again. I can't wait until the next meet in Knoxville this December. So much that I can do now!! I'm happy to report, that I took first in all my events and dropped all my times!! I'm not terribly fast, but I sure do put a lot of effort in it. Counting the 200 mixed medley relay that I did, I swam a total of 5 events. Last year, that would have ensured a trip to the hospital. The bootcamp has been wonderful! I can tell SUCH a difference. I bettered my time in the 200 Back with so much less effort than I put in it last year. Bootcamp is one investment that certainly has paid off. I'll make sure that I'm there in that class, every time I get a chance. It's back to regular practice tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm just waiting to see what Coaches Erica and Katie have planned for me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment