Swimoutlet.com

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paddle Problems

Today, for the first time ever, I decided to use paddles for my workout. I've always heard to be very careful with paddles, because you can injure your shoulders easily with them. It seemed simple enough. I've watched the age groupers and other masters swimmers. I grabbed a pair, put my fingers through the catches and started on my way. It seemed to be fairly easy to use them The first few laps seemed quite easy. Then about halfway through, the paddles started to float off of my hands. I kept stopping to secure them between sets, but it just kept happening. Everytime I would get into a rythym, they would loosen and start floating off. I was using these paddles.

Photobucket


I did notice that there was only tubing in place for the finger catch, not the wrist catch. Could this have been the problem?? Was it incorrect technique that was causing them to float away from my hands? Other than the floating problem, they worked really well. I found them really useful for my cool down too. If anyone has suggestions, please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment