Swimoutlet.com

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back In the Pool

I got back in the pool yesterday, after a rest day for my legs. I'm tend to get shin splints when I run, so I try to be very careful to stretch and give myself enough recovery time. I put myself in a taper after last Wednesday, so I could be at my best on race day. After just a few days out of the water, I already felt a little awkward. It did mess a little bit with my newly found routine of backstroke flip turns.

Back in my routine, I was at the pool ready for my workout again this afternoon. Today was a whole different experience. I felt much more comfortable and relaxed today. My backstroke flipturns are still a little off, but much better. My breaststroke felt really good. My glide was much stronger and carried me further. I think it's really interesting, how your workouts and how you feel can vary everyday. I just wonder what tomorrow will feel like.

No comments:

Post a Comment