Swimoutlet.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

Loving Backstroke!!

I've just been plugging along working on technique for the different strokes. It feels so nice, for a change, to have more confidence in the water. I feel much stronger too! I love the habit that I've gotten into lately too. I've been averaging a swim six times a week.

Last week, I did work on my fly drills and full laps of fly. I wore my Speedo Biofuse fins to give me some extra kick out of the water. I really did well, and I started getting a rhythm. I was doing really well...UNTIL..I managed to strain my calf muscle. So this week, I've really had to calm it down a lot. I've kept the fins off and just concentrated on free, back, and working with the pull buoy.

Last week, our swim club received an invitation to a meet in October at UT Knoxville. I really want to swim at this meet. I've decided that I want to swim the 50 and 100 back. So today, I started putting together the whole thing: starts, strokes, and flips. I swam back for probably 30 minutes flipping and flipping. I finally had to stop, because I got dizzy and tired, but I'm really pleased with the progress. I'm hoping to talk one of the guards into timing my splits this week. I'm really looking forward to the meet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment