Swimoutlet.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Frustrated

Ever since Tuesday this past week, I've felt like utter crap in the pool!! I can't swim my usual 500 freestyle warmup without getting winded. I'm not quite sure what's up. I took Wednesday off as a recovery day. Did my dryland/running routine on Thursday, took Friday as a recovery day and was back in the pool today. I was crappy again. Granted, I was sharing a lane today and had to stop to monitor the weather status at the outdoor pool, given by the lifeguards every few minutes. We finally moved inside, and while it did get a little better, it still didn't feel good. I DON'T like it, when I don't feel good in the water. I hate workouts, where I feel like I'm struggling every stroke. What's wrong with me?

The only thing I can figure is I've ramped up my exercise routine the past 3 weeks. For the past 2 weeks, I've worked out/swam 6 days a week. Maybe I just crashed this week. Here's hoping for a better week next week. Now I have to decide whether tomorrow is a workout day or not? Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment