Swimoutlet.com

Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Keep Swimming!

I went to my dryland training "Boot Camp" for the 2nd time last night. I really liked last night's sets. We were in the weight room. We had 2 stations for ab/core work; one stop on the bench with the medicine ball, and one stop with the giant exercise ball. Then we did the lat pull down machine, the thigh press, the arm press, and the arm/fly press. We did 4 sets. In between each set, we went out to the track and ran laps. I really do like circuit training! I ended up running nearly a mile, just in class last night. Since we really concentrated on our upper body, I'm not nearly as sore today. It's amazing how swimming has strengthened my arms, back, and shoulders! I'm looking forward to next week's sessions!

I had spent the earlier part of the week concentrating on recovery swims, since I was SO incredibly sore from the first session. I spent the better part of the week in pain. I did manage to get a double in on Tuesday, but the yardage ended up being about 3000 or so. Today, I finally got my first "real" swim in of the week. I realize that I've got to push myself. One of my favorite swim quotes is, "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable in practice." I had to keep repeating that in my head today, while I was swimming. My flipturns are off kilter, because of the stomach pain from the tough ab workouts this week. I just have to make myself keep flipping hard and fast through the pain. I KNOW it will get better!

Here's what I did:

Warm Up:
200 Swim
100 IM Kick
200 Pull

Main Set:
100 Swim
100 IM
200 Swim
200 IM
150 Swim
3 x 100 IM
4 x 50 Kick FAST
4 x 25 Underwaters

Cool Down:
250

Total: 2100

Not a massively big workout, but it's definitely a start!

No comments:

Post a Comment