Swimoutlet.com

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Let Cramps, OUCH!!

I'm not used to practice in the mornings. I'm an afternoon and night swimmer. So, I'm guessing that I was dehydrated at our past Saturday morning practice. As I was doing my backstroke sets and pushed off the wall after a flipturn, I got HORRIBLE cramps in my calf muscles. They were so bad that I had to stop and go to the ladder and stand on it. I was able to finish practice without any more problems. I noticed Saturday afternoon, that my legs were a little sore, but nothing too terrible. When I got out of bed on Sunday morning, I nearly fell over on my face. Both of my calves hurt SOOO BAD!! Needless to say, no swimming or running took place on Sunday. It took me forever to get warmed up enough to walk normally!

They were a little better yesterday, but I still took the day off from exercise to rest them. They feel much better today. They still hurt, when I point my toes. I'm debating whether I should go to practice today. I guess I could do the whole workout with a pull bouy. I hope I haven't really hurt them somehow. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment