Swimoutlet.com

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy As A "Steamed" Clam

Today is officially the hottest day of the year, according to the weather records (98 degrees with a heat index of 104). I made the terrible decision to swim after work yesterday, and I nearly overheated. I stuck to my plan to go early this morning. I was in the pool by 10:30. Luckily the water was a bit cooler, and the guards were adding fresh, cool water, when I got there. I decided to work on drills today. No speed work at all. The water is just too warm for that. I did a lot of paddle work today. I intentionally left my zoomers in my bag, so I wouldn't be tempted. Did my best to really work on this drill today:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=832106714345

Tomorrow, I'm really going to concentrate on my fly. It should be easier, since I'll be swimming at the indoor pool in my hometown. The water should be just right...much cooler! I'm going to start with this drill. It's one of my favorites, and it really loosens up any stiffness in my back.





I'm going to work on the 3-3-3 drill. Since I'm still strengthening my dophin kick, I'm going to use my fins for some extra propulsion.

Butterfly - 3-3-3 from Glenn Mills on Vimeo.



I'm just going to call my day tomorrow, The Sunday Fly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment