Swimoutlet.com

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Long Holiday Weekend

I hope that everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! I was really lucky that the local Rec Center in my hometown was open ALL weekend, including July 4th. I bascially spent nearly all of my free time at the pool during my 3 days off. I've felt REALLY good in the water the past 4 days too! I can tell that I'm definitely swimming stronger! My lung power feels like it's increasing too. Over the last 4 days, I'm starting to finally see improvement. I've finally decided to start flipturning again. I desparately need to up my lung power, and that's the only way I know how to do it effectively. Besides, Coach Chris will be yelling at me come fall, if I don't.

I worked today on speed drills, along with my flipturns too. I've noticed that I'm coming into the walls with a lot more speed, and I'm coming out harder and faster too! Why oh why couldn't I do this early this spring? I'm not sure what's happened in the last 2 months, but I'm awfully glad it finally clicked. I may actually be up to a meet this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment