Swimoutlet.com

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hard Boiled

When I left for the pool yesterday, the heat index was 108! It was a balmy swim, to say the least. Luckily we've had some rain, and the guards have been adding cool water, so the water isn't unbearable. A few weeks ago, the outdoor pool water had reached around 92 and 93 degrees. Those were some of the slowest workouts I've ever done! I know it's not good for you, but I just can't resist the outdoor pool. It shuts down in about 3 weeks, so I'm taking advantage of it, while I can. I managed to get 2,000 yds in, and called it a day. I didn't want to overheat. The humidity has been so bad that it takes me an hour to feel dry, after I've gotten out of the pool and cleaned up.

The weather doesn't look promising today. There's already a thick layer of clouds with the threat of rain and storms. If I swim at all today, it will probably be in the indoor pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment